Rules And Policies
Bus conduct is regulated by state laws and Community Transit policies to make the ride safe and enjoyable for all passengers.
- Please give front seats to seniors, pregnant and disabled passengers.
- Place large items such as strollers out of the aisle.
- Keep your belongings clear of the aisle and other seats. No feet on seats.
- No eating or drinking while on the bus. Food and beverages may be brought on board only if they are in spill-proof containers. Alcohol is not allowed.
- Smoking, and/or use of tobacco products (including e-cigarettes, vapor pens, chewing tobacco, etc.) is prohibited:
- on buses
- at bus stops
- within 25 feet of a transit facility
- Listen to audio devices using headphones that limit the sound to the individual user. Please put your cell phone ringer on vibrate.
- Limit the length, volume and content of cell phone conversations so as not to disturb other passengers.
- Always stand behind the line at the front of the bus. Stay clear of doorways.
- Fishing poles must be disassembled and secured.
- Rollerskates or rollerblades cannot be worn on the bus.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn on the bus.
- Any article with an offensive odor or of a spillable nature must be contained.
- No flammable or hazardous materials allowed, including car batteries or gasoline.
- No fireworks of any kind are allowed on buses or transit property.
- Fighting, littering, spitting, unruly behavior and harassment are illegal.
- No illegal weapons.