Community Transit


Fares & Passes

Community Transit local fares apply on all trips within Snohomish County.

Community Transit commuter fares to and from Seattle are based on distance. Customers who board or are traveling "North/East" of Everett pay a higher fare for commutes into Seattle than customers who board or are traveling to the "South/Everett" area.

If you ride a commuter route within Snohomish County only, you are eligible to pay local fare for that trip-- just be sure to notify the driver before tapping your ORCA card - otherwise the farebox will automatically charge the commuter rate.

Likewise, if you board a commuter bus in Seattle, and get off within Seattle, you will pay a commuter fare.

You can read our Fare Policy here.

Community Transit Fares

Service Category Adult
Reduced Fare Monthly Pass
Adult /Youth /Reduced Fare
Local $2.25 $1.50 $1.00 $81 / $54 / $36
Commuter-South/Everett $4.25 $3.00 $2.00 $153 / $108 / $72
Commuter- North/East* $5.50 $4.00 $2.50 $198 / $144 / $90

* Applies on Routes 421, 422, 424, 425, 821 when travelling to/from Seattle and Lake Stevens, Marysville, Monroe, Snohomish or Stanwood. Notify the driver if travelling only between Seattle and Lynnwood Transit Center to be charged the "South/Everett" fare.


Other Passes

Edmonds Community College offers an ORCA-powered EdPass to students, staff and faculty.

The EdPass/ORCA is valid for unlimited rides on all Community Transit buses and DART paratransit vehicles. Users can load E-purse value or a separate monthly pass onto to use the card on other agencys' services.

Central Washington University, Lynnwood Campus, also offers students an ORCA card for unlimited transportation on Community Transit.


The U-PASS, offered through the University of Washington at the Seattle, Bothell and Tacoma campuses, is valid for full fare on Community Transit, King County Metro, Sound Transit and Everett Transit.

Instead of a U-PASS sticker, the new Husky card U-PASS is inside the smart chip in the Husky card.

Cascadia Community College also offers the U-PASS.

Day Pass

Regional Day passes can be purchased at ORCA retail outlets and ticket vending machines. A Regional Day Pass is good for one calendar day of service on all agencies that accept ORCA, except Washington State Ferries. Learn more about day passes at

DART Paratransit

The DART paratransit fare is $2.25. There are no discounts or separate fare categories.

Since ORCA cards are not accepted on Dial-A-Ride-Transportation buses, Community Transit  sells DART Paratransit tickets and monthly passes for use by DART customers. In addition to DART services, the DART passes and tickets are good for face value on all regular Community Transit buses. They are not accepted by any other transit or paratransit agencies. If you are already a DART customer, you can order your tickets online here. Contact the RideStore at Lynnwood Transit Center for assistance: 425-348-2350.