Choice Connections for Large Business
At Community Transit, we offer a variety of free services designed to support large businesses affected by the Washington State Commute Trip Reduction law. We have over 20 years of experience working with employers both large and small throughout Snohomish County and Bothell to develop customized Employee Transportation Programs that provide innovative solutions to any commuting problem.
Value of Having an Employee Program
There are many sound business reasons to encourage your employees to leave their cars at home at least once or twice a week. Having an Employee Transportation Program at your worksite can benefit you by:
- Helping you find and keep good employees
- Expanding your labor pool
- Freeing up parking for clients
- Expanding your customer base
- Increasing your workspace
- Reducing tardiness and absenteeism
- Moving people and freight more efficiently
- Reducing your tax burden
- Helping the environment
- Being a good neighbor
If your business faces any of these challenges, the payoff for an Employee Transportation Program can be substantial.
What is Commute Trip Reduction (CTR)?
CTR is a Washington state law that requires employers with 100 or more employees to develop programs that encourage their employees to use alternatives to driving alone for their commute.
Employers must make a good faith effort to develop and implement a CTR program, including the following:
- Designate and promote services of an Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC)
- Distribute information to employees about commute options to driving alone
- Implement a set of measures geared toward achieving goals set by CTR law
- Track employee commute habits
- Report to Community Transit about progress toward meeting CTR goals
What Services Do We Provide?
We offer assistance and resources to Employee Transportation Coordinators (ETCs) to make their Employee Transportation Program a success. These services include:
- Basic and advanced training courses
- Trip reduction strategy development and implementation assistance
- ORCA Business Solutions
- Annual rideshare promotions and ridematching
- Promotional and educational materials
- New employee orientation materials
- Relocation assistance
- Reserved carpool/vanpool parking signage
- Annual award program recognizing top companies, ETCs and “Smart Commuters”
- Networking opportunities
Community Transit’s Transportation Demand Management staff is ready to assist with all aspects of your Employee Transportation Program.
Stacey Gunnerson, TDM & Outreach Specialist
Coordinator for Arlington, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Marysville, Monroe, Mukilteo and Mountlake Terrace employers
Debbie Anderson, TDM & Outreach Specialist
Coordinator for Bothell and Unincorporated Snohomish County employers
Jennifer Hass, TDM & Outreach Supervisor